This approximately 110-acre "Space Park" serves as a research, development and manufacturing center for the Systems Development Division of TRW, Inc. The entire complex houses 10,000 people and provides parking facilities for 8,000 cars, through a phased building program scheduled for continuous expansion over a period of seven years. A campus-like environment is retained throughout the Park by development of interlinking landscaping malls.
All building groupings are self-contained with respect to utilities and parking, for buildings within the center area:
- five two-story Research and Development prototype buildings, 120,000 SF each
- a five-story Engineering/Office building, 90,000 SF;
- two Manufacturing buildings of approximately 140,000 SF each;
- a two-story and basement Service building of approximately 100,000 SF, containing complete kitchen/cafeteria facilities with a sunken patio garden.
- 1967 Grand Prix Award
- AIA Los Angeles Chapter/City of Los Angeles