Social and Behavioral Sciences Building
California State University, San Marcos
AC Martin provided a Feasibility Study and design for this 106,500 GSF facility for Social and Behavioral Sciences, which is located on the main planned pedestrian spine. It includes lecture halls, graduate research space, faculty offices, a Dean’s Suite, 10 department suites, support spaces, conference rooms and two centers. Research labs housed in the building include: Behavioral Neuroscience Lab, Community Ethnobotany Lab, Communication Lab, and Geographical Information Systems (GIS) Lab.
- 22.5% energy savings over Title 24;
- 626.63 tons (74.63%) of on-site construction waste diverted from landfill;
- 60% water savings from landscape irrigation system baseline case;
- 41.1% water savings from fixtures over baseline case
• This building is certified LEED® Silver